Saturday, November 8, 2008

Photo Of The Day: November 8, 2008

After arriving in Barbados in mid-afternoon, I spent most of the time hopelessly lost trying to find my way around. The problem wasn't driving on the left side of the road -- I was actually living in England when I became old enough to drive and be licensed, so that part was completely natural. Nor was it the lack of good maps, many of which are available free at the airport and other locations. The issue seemed to be a lack of street identification, so I had no idea if I was where I thought I was. The simple answer is, I usually wasn't! Being lost when you're a photographer is generally a good thing, because you get to see opportunities you may have otherwise missed. But I didn't want to miss the sunset, so I found Highway 7, the road that goes along the coast, and just stayed with it. And just as I arrived at Carlisle Bay, the sun put on its daily show, as seen here. For more photos of sunsets, visit Paul Scharff Photography.com.

No comments: