Sunday, January 11, 2009

Photo Of The Day: January 11, 2009

NBC News had a piece this week on the dolphins here at the Jersey Shore. On Father's Day, 2008, 16 dolphins swam all the way up Sandy Hook Bay to visit, and some have never left. Three have died, eight are unaccounted for and presumed to have returned to the ocean, but five are still around, frolicking, although thinner. I last saw them in person about two weeks ago, and on the next sunny day will venture out again. It's harder to follow them because they are very transitory -- one day they'll be right here in my town at the Highlands bridge, and the next day they'll be several miles up another river in neighboring Rumson. In the meantime, I thought I'd dust off one of the shots I took earlier in the season. For more photos of dolphins, visit Paul Scharff Photography.com.

No comments: